I don’t have anything but good things to say about The Zombie Cookbook by J.O. Osbourne. This book is full of great, simple recipes that both sound and can be made to look very spooky. I thought it would be a good book to check out prior to Halloween festivities and I was right! This book has it all, from “Ahhpetizers” and Entrees to drinks, you can find something to suit every taste and need. Here are some of my favorites!
- My Favorite Ahhpetizers
- Pretzel Lady Fingers & Men’s Toes — Delicious, yet disgusting.
- Bloodshot Eyeball Potato Soup — Who wouldn’t want to try this?
- My Favorite Entree
- Chicken Potpie with Crawling Hands — There’s nothing quite like jazzing up a classic.
- My Favorite Dessert
- Red Velvet Brain Cupcakes — There is no way this could end badly. Red Velvet cake is my favorite thing in life.
- My Favorite Drink
- Brain Hemmorrhage Shot — At least it’s honest?
One of the complaints listed in the Amazon reviews is that there aren’t any photos listed of the finished products. Personally, I choose my food based on what’s in it and what I think it will taste like rather than appearance, but beyond that… I like the fact that there aren’t pictures. I recognize that I am not the world’s greatest chef, designer, or even Martha Stewart. I would prefer not to know what the recipes are *supposed* to look like, so then I won’t be disappointed with my own. Maybe that’s morbid, but that’s how I roll. I certainly hate when I have moments like this:
So if you have Kindle Unlimited or are just looking for some gross recipe ideas for Halloween or any other day, check it out! I noticed that J.O. Osborne also has a spinoff book that contains Zombie, Werewolf, and Vampire themed recipes, so if you’re into a more generalized spook, you can check that out as well!