Spooky Empire is gearing up for its annual spooktacular convention in Orlando, Florida. From April 6th through the 8th Spooky Empire will be taking over The Wyndham Orlando Resort. The three-day convention includes an array of activities, including celebrity autographs and meet and greets, photo ops, panels, live performances and the annual tattoo festival featuring more than twenty-five artists.
This year, celebrity guests include:
• The return of The Chiodo Brothers, the group of sibling creative forces known for movies such as Killer Klowns from Outer Space. They have also created creatures and puppets for films and TV show including Critters, Team America: World Police, Elf, Ernest Scared Stupid, Monsters, The Thundermans, The Simpsons, and Pee Wee’s Big Adventure.
• They will be joined by David Naughton, from American Werewolf in London and Twilight Zone.
• Along with Butch Patrick best known for his role as “Eddie Munster” from The Munsters.
• Director, actor, stuntman, writer, and the last living Universal Monster, Ricou Browning. Best known his role as the only actor to portray the “Gill-Man” in three films, Creature From the Black Lagoon, Revenge of the Creature and The Creature Walks Among Us. Browning also worked on Flipper, Sea Hunt, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and many other films.
Other expected guests include:
• Meet the mother and son stars from Child’s Play, Catherine Hicks, Alex Vincent and Chucky himself.
• The one and only Slim Jim Phantom, legendary drummer for the ever-popular rockabilly band The Stray Cats.
And many more to be announced leading up to the convention.
Throughout the weekend guests will enjoy vendors and haunting exhibitors that will offer the ultimate in merchandise including art, movies, toys, props, action figures, comic books, special effects, clothing, and jewelry.
All advance tickets, now on sale, are discounted. Prices increase at the door. In advance, three-day passes are $65, one day passes on Friday and Sunday are $30, and one day passes on Saturday $35. VIP Packages are $225 and include early entry to all three days, raffles, T-shirts, autograph line fast-pass, exclusive VIP party access on Saturday night with guest celebrities in attendance. Kids 10 and under are free.
Rooms are available at The Wyndham Orlando Resort for a discounted price of $121 per night through March 9th. Rooms can be reserved by calling 1-407-351-2420. Mention ‘Spooky Empire’ for special rate.
For more information regarding the schedule and to purchase tickets, visit www.spookyempire.com/purchase-
For more information about Spooky Empire, visit www.spookyempire.com and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@SpookyEmpire).