‘Meg’ Author Confirms Sequels To The 2018 Film

meg-2018

 

With the success of The Shallows and 47 Meters Down, which opened in theaters this past weekend, it’s no surprise that sharks on the minds of studios. With the giant shark film Meg, directed by Jon Turteltaub, still a year away from arriving in theaters, it has already been said that the film will be open to sequels.

Steve Alten, the author of the novel that film is is based on, told Bloody Disgusting that there will indeed be sequels to the film starring Jason Statham, Ruby Rose, Cliff Curtis, and Jessica McNamee.

As for the MEG sequels – absolutely,” Alten said. “If the movie does well, there will be sequels. Of course, that goes for any successful Hollywood movie.”

There will be no trouble finding a storyline for a sequel. Alten is currently writing the sixth book of the series, ‘Meg: Generations’, the follow up to ‘Meg: Nightstalkers’.

In Meg, a deep-sea submersible—part of an international undersea observation program—has been attacked by a massive creature, previously thought to be extinct, and now lies disabled at the bottom of the deepest trench in the Pacific…with its crew trapped inside. With time running out, expert deep sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor (Statham) is recruited by a visionary Chinese oceanographer, against the wishes of his daughter Suyin (Bingbing Li), to save the crew—and the ocean itself—from this unstoppable threat: a pre-historic 75-foot-long shark known as the Megalodon.

What no one could have imagined is that, years before, Taylor had encountered this same terrifying creature. Now, teamed with Suyin, he must confront his fears and risk his own life to save everyone trapped below…bringing him face to face once more with the greatest and largest predator of all time.

Meg will sink it’s teeth into theaters nationwide on August 10, 2018.

 

meg-jason-statham

 

 


Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/zombieap/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 3138