Bloober Team has revealed today at IGN Fanfest, the release window for the latest edition to their art-themed fist-person psychological horror series, Layers of Fear. Along with the news comes more information about the game’s setting along with a new spine-tingling teaser trailer!
The game series always follows a theme involving the arts, the first game follows The Artist, the second The Actor, and this Layers of Fear will be focusing on The Writer. The Writer’s story will tie all the stories in the game series together for a terrifying conclusion. Layers of Fear will feature:
- Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor, and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat
Layers of Fear will be coming out in June 2023 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox Series X/S