HOOK, Digital Bros, and Duality Games have announced today that their upcoming first-person horror experience Unholy is getting a release date, along with news of the demo being available now for PC gamers.
Unholy follows a mother in search of her missing child in a post-soviet town where reality and a twisted unholy world hide terrifying secrets to be discovered. The game features:
- Two parallel worlds to explore. The grey and cold reality of a brutalist post-soviet Eastern European town and the creepy and twisted world of Unholy, a grotesque society ruled by a relentless priest caste.
- An intense psychological horror experience driven by a deep, dark narrative storyline played out with captivating visuals based on the works of reputed dark artist Tomasz Strzałkowski (Duality Games Art director and founder).
- A unique gameplay blend that combines meticulous exploration, intriguing puzzle solving, infiltration, and stealth with intriguing shooting dynamics.
- An intriguing combat system. Use four different emotions: anger, shock, sadness, and desire to interact with the environment (destroy obstacles, trigger mechanisms, overload circuits, illuminate your way) or to confuse, lure or damage your opponents.
- Masks! Everybody in the unholy world hides behind a mask and it can be the difference between life or death. Build your own mask to get new skills and improve your abilities or wear other masks to infiltrate, confuse your enemies, and impersonate your opponents.
Unholy will be coming out on PC on July 20th with releases for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S at a later time. PC players can experience the terror now with a playable demo on STEAM.