Scott Derrickson‘s The Black Phone, which recently opened in theaters on June 24th, bringing in $100,000,000 worldwide, is out next week on home release!
The movie centers on “Finney Shaw, a shy but clever 13-year-old boy abducted by a sadistic killer and trapped in a soundproof basement where screaming is of little use. When a disconnected phone on the wall begins to ring, Finney discovers that he can hear the voices of the killer’s previous victims. And they are dead set on making sure that what happened to them doesn’t happen to Finney.
Starring four-time Oscar® nominee Ethan Hawke appears in the terrifying role of his career and Mason Thames in his film debut, The Black Phone is produced, directed, and co-written by Scott Derrickson who wrote and directed Sinister, which also starred Hawke. He’s also behind The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Marvel’s Doctor Strange. Madeleine McGraw, Jeremy Davies, and James Ransone also star.
The film’s screenplay is by Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill (Doctor Strange, Sinister franchise), based on the award-winning short story by Joe Hill from his New York Times bestseller, 20th Century Ghosts. The film is produced by Derrickson & Cargill’s Crooked Highway and presented by Universal and Blumhouse, along with Jason Blum, Scott Derrickson, and C. Robert Cargill. The film is executive produced by Ryan Turek and Christopher H. Warner.
Get your copy of this hit film, on Digital on August 12, 2022, and on Blu-ray and DVD on August 16, 2022, loaded with bonus features, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- DELETED SCENES
- Is This America Now?
- No Dreams
- ETHAN HAWKE’S EVIL TURN – Dive deeper into the character of The Grabber and how Ethan Hawke was able to transform into this unnerving villain.
- ANSWERING THE CALL: BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE BLACK PHONE – Take a behind-the-scenes look into the most pivotal elements of THE BLACK PHONE production, including adapting the story and achieving the vision of director Scott Derrickson.
- DEVIL IN THE DESIGN – Explore how the intricacies of production design helped bring this film to life, from the set design to costumes, to hair and makeup.
- SUPER 8 SET – Cast and crew break down the decision to shoot the dream sequences on Super 8 film, and how that helped capture the aesthetic of the period.
- SHADOWPROWLER – A short film by Scott Derrickson
- FEATURE COMMENTARY BY PRODUCER/CO-WRITER/DIRECTOR SCOTT DERRICKSON