Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) is giving genre fans a real treat this Halloween season, they have announced Horror Icons, a new product collection, and collaborations based on WarnerMedia’s portfolio of the most iconic horror franchises of all time. From Freddy and Jason to Pennywise and Annabelle, new products will release throughout October 2020, just in time for Halloween. They will celebrate the moments and monstrous personalities that have defined the genre and made Warner Bros. the home of the horror icons across the world.
With classics like Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Exorcist, and new terrifying films like IT and The Conjuring Universe, WarnerMedia is home to some of the most recognized and highest-grossing horror franchises that have set the standard for the genre. Collaborating with top licensees such as Hot Topic, Mattel, Brain Dead, The Hundreds, and Spencer’s, WBCP Horror Icons will deliver collectibles, fashions, accessories, and home décor designed for a 17+ audience.
The new Horror Icons Instagram page is now live to allow fans to connect and engage with each other, share their favorite horror moments, and find the latest horror-inspired merch all year long. The hub will also serve as a resource for the horror genre enthusiast including movie news, free wallpapers, music, and more.
Fans are embracing the horror genre like never before and many are calling this the golden age of horror, in large part due to huge box office successes like the IT and The Conjuring films,” said, Robert Oberschelp, Senior Vice President, Global Brand Product, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Not just for Halloween anymore, the genre is enjoyed by horror fans all year long, so we’re always looking for more ways to celebrate their fandom. Our new collections meet the demand for even more thrilling, immersive and iconic horror products.”
Joining forces with some of the top retailers and brands, the collections include:
- New Horror Fan Shop: Warner Bros. will launch its fan-first horror e-shop offering unique apparel with exclusive designs for IT, Annabelle, The Exorcist, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. Coming Oct. 31 at wbhorrorcollection.com. Available in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Mexico, and Europe.
- Hot Topic: The pop-culture retailer launched its “Halloween Unleashed” campaign, starring WBCP’s Friday the 13th, IT, The Shining, and A Nightmare on Elm Street lines of tees, apparel, and accessories based on the famous flicks. Available now in stores across the U.S. and Canada and online at https://www.hottopic.com/halloween/wb-horror/
- Brain Dead: The subculture collective will release its own line of A Nightmare on Elm Street-inspired products on Oct. 13 and deliver the horror of The Exorcist on October 27. The collection will be available worldwide via wearebraindead.com and in stores in Los Angeles, New York, Milan, and Ginza, Tokyo.
- The Hundreds: The classic Californian streetwear brand and media platform dedicated to global street culture will launch their A Nightmare on Elm Street clothing line with t-shirts, sweats, hoodies, headwear, and accessories, available starting Oct. 29 on www.thehundreds.com.
- Spencer’s: The retailer will be launching a new t-shirt design featuring IT, Annabelle, and Friday the 13th. Coming soon to spencersonline.com
- International: Factorie (Australia and South Africa) is releasing a collection of t-shirts inspired by It, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Conjuring, and The Exorcist are available now on factorie.com.au Paladone, Pyramid Posters and GB Eye are also launching a range of products across multiple WarnerMedia horror franchise available on a year-round basis and available at multiple retailers Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Be sure to visit the year-round Horror Icons Instagram page for the best in horror merch and much more!