Attention filmmakers, you don’t want to miss this! Project Green Light has teamed up with AMC’s Shudder for the Reel Fear, a genre film-making competition which is now open for entries. The winner of the contest will not only receive $300,000 to bring their film to life, they will also be mentored by a true master of horror, Clive Barker.
- Through March 17, horror filmmakers across the country can enter the contest by submitting a 1-3 minute pitch video on projectgreenlight.com
that tells us about their original idea for a horror film in a creative way.
- The top 10 semi-finalists will be selected by our industry judging panel, and their videos will be shared for public voting on April 18. Public voting will end on April 25.
- The semi-finalist who receives the most votes will automatically move on to the top 5 finalists, with the remaining four selected by the judging panel.
- In June, the top 5 finalists will be invited to participate in Shudder Labs, a workshop retreat dedicated to building the skill set and talent of emerging genre filmmakers. During their time at Shudder Labs, the finalists will begin working on a proof of concept scene that will be showcased to the public and assessed by the judges to help determine the winner.
- The winner, announced on August 1, will receive $300,000 to produce their winning horror film idea under the mentorship of Clive Barker, Shudder, and Adaptive Studios.